Toxic and polluted food, air, water, and environment make cleansing the colon, liver and other organs more important now than ever. The over-pollution is responsible for its effects on the immune system, which makes it highly susceptible to chronic degenerative diseases such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and more.
Let’s talk about best cleansing herbs and spices today.
Warming herbs and spices are very useful when it comes to detox. By promoting a healthy liver, bowels and urinary tract, warming herbs and spices help to naturally cleanse the body. They also boost function of the lymphatic system and skin, which provides further cleansing potential. Here are 10 best herbs and spices that can boost detoxification.
- Ginger – This root has been known for thousands of years for being anti-inflammatory and for helping with nausea, improving digestion, and boosting immunity.
- Cinnamon – is anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal. This tasty spice reduces blood sugar spikes, normalises blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes, reduces sugar cravings and its calcium and fibre bind to bile salts and clean out the colon.
- Cumin – high in iron which is great for energy and immune function and also stimulates pancreatic and liver enzymes.
- Oregano –is anti-bacterial and is also a great source of antioxidants, vitamin K, manganese, iron, calcium, and vitamin E.
- Parsley – contains vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, chlorophyll, and beta carotene. It also raises glutathione and fights against the damage of insulin resistance.
- Mint – especially peppermint has been scientifically proven to sooth the digestive tract, relieve irritable bowel syndrome, and heal the gastrointestinal tract.
- Chilies – All chilies contain capsaicin which inhibit inflammation, boost your cardiovascular system, clear congestion, and strengthen immunity. And chilies are killing bacteria and stimulating stomach lining cells to secrete protective juices.
- Coriander – in Chinese medicine it is considered anti-ageing herb. Coriander improves metabolic processes in the tissues and lowers blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- Matcha Green Tea – balances cholesterol levels, boosts the immune system and burns calories.
- Turmeric – frequently used in Thai and Indian cuisine, turmeric is full of antioxidants and offers potent anti-inflammatory properties. Regular consumption of turmeric boosts circulation, helps prevent blood clots, and enhances the production of bile in the liver.