We all know that diets don’t work. There are so many of them, they have been around for hundreds of years. We always think of diet as ditching sweets and eating only veggies for a week, but is it a right way to go?
If you really want to stay slim and healthy, your healthy diet has to become your lifestyle. Don’t call it a diet. Call it your way of eating. And stick to this way. The key to finding a right way of eating which you can sustain is incorporating real, natural fat burning foods while avoiding calorie-laden, processed foods. You will be healthier, happier, have more energy and feel what it’s like to eat right for your body.
The diets and healthy eating tips at Amrita are based around a few core principles.
1. Make Healthy Eating a Lifestyle choice: If you eat right most of the time, you do not have to worry about enjoying a night out. Instead of driving yourself crazy counting calories, focus on building healthy habits that last.
2. Do not Crash Diet. It deprives the body of nutrients and totally messes up your metabolic rate. Focus on providing nutrient-dense foods for your body on the regular basis, daily. Your body needs foods that support weight loss and overall health.
3. Eat Real Whole Foods: Cut processed foods from your diet and replace them with real, natural foods. Most pre-packaged processed foods have zero nutrients, high in sugar and loaded with chemicals that often do more harm than good.
4. People Are Different: That’s why those generalised diet plans always fail. We all have different bodies and requirements, so you need to experiment ( or consult the nutritionist) until you find the way what works best for you.
5. Don’t do Emotional Eating. Psychological triggers can cause us to overeat and get obese or under-eat and get anorexia. Don’t sit on the sofa stuffing yourself with chocolate when you are upset. Don’t starve yourself when you break up with your boyfriend. Controlling your emotions and practicing mindfulness when eating can protect us from cravings and mindless binging.
6. Love What You Eat. You need to love the healthy food which you’re putting in your body, so, don’t be afraid trying new foods, and decide which ones you like the most, so your eating will bring you a great pleasure!