Let’s face the truth for a moment – Junk foods can be delicious!
But, they are loaded with questionable ingredients, which are absolutely toxic and damaging for your body and can result in a lot of health problems.
Your body is designed to eat proper real food so that you get all the nutrients and get the energy to live a happy and healthy life.
Here are 5 tips to help you stop eating junk !
1. Think about why you want to quit eating junk food. Maybe you are concerned about your health or weight and want to make a big change to get to a healthy body. Or maybe you are an athlete and you want to improve your performance by putting better fuel into your body. No matter what your reason is, it is a good idea to really think about it.
2. Make a commitment to yourself. Once you have identified your motivation, write down on the paper the types of foods that you do not want to eat any more. It is also a good idea to list your reasons for wanting to make these changes. Look at the at paper every day until your stop eating junk completely! Put it somewhere that you will see it every day, such as on a mirror or on your refrigerator.
3. Throw away your junk food. After you have committed to stop eating junk, get rid of it. Keeping junk food around when you are trying to avoid it is a recipe for failure, so it is best to get rid of it right away. Stop buying junk food as well and ask those that you live with to keep junk food out of common areas so that you will be less tempted to eat it.
4. Stock your kitchen with healthy foods. To make sure that you are not going to go out and get some junk food when you are hungry, keep your kitchen stocked with great real food. Buy whole foods like fruits, vegetables, lean meats, milk, eggs, and whole grains. Avoid the aisles of the supermarket which display junk food and get most of your food from the fresh vegetables/fruits/meat section instead.
5. Prepare healthy snacks ahead of time so that you always have a healthy option on hand. Put fresh fruit or vegetable slices into separate glass boxes in the fridge, so you could see it clearly. Keep some nuts and dried fruit in your bag for snack time!
In the next post we will guide you week by week, helping you to get rid of your habit eating junk food!