In the previous post we spoke about sugar cravings and how to eliminate them.
Now, let’s talk about cutting sugar out of your diet completely and for good!
Top 10 Ways to Cut Out Sugar
1. Move to denser sugars which are mixed with fibre so that they take longer to break down in your body. That way you won’t crash and burn with a sugar rush. For example dates, raw fruit, raw veggies.
2. Eat food in its most natural state. There is less likely that it has been processed and sugar added.
3. Never, ever, ever drink pasteurised juices from the box – its like drinking liquid sugar with a bit of colour. Stay with cold-pressed and fresh.
4. Eat more often. When you are feeling full you don’t crave sugar.
5. Do Amrita detox with blended juices. Honestly – no one has ever done a juice fast and come out of it saying ‘OMG! I just crave a donut!’ Never!
6. Try to incorporate good protein and good fats into every meal. It keeps you full for longer and leaves you feeling satisfied. It also controls your blood sugar levels.
7. Take a good quality multivitamin and mineral supplement, including omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin D3. Nutrient deficiencies make cravings worse and the fewer nutrient deficiencies, the fewer cravings. Certain nutrients seem to improve blood sugar control including chromium, vitamin B3 and magnesium.
8. Sleep and rest more. When we are tired we turn to sugar instinctively, to give us fake energy.
9. Move! Exercise makes you somehow eat less sugar.
10. Don’t EVER substitute artificial sweeteners for sugar. They are SO poisonous and do little to change your desire for sweets. If you do need a sweetener, try Stevia, it’s one of the healthiest.