There’s often misunderstanding about sugar and we so often hear from our clients – ‘ I just have a little sugar everyday’. Well, that’s fine, but if you feel that you HAVE TO have a little bit of sugar every day – then it is something you should start worrying about, it is called cravings – a body’s imbalance which results in serious need for sugar.
Would you like to know the symptoms of sugar imbalance?
(you don’t have to have all of them, you may only have some)
- You want to have just one biscuit but you only stop when the pack is empty.
- You feel like having something sweet in the afternoon after lunch…
- You always snack while sitting in front of the TV
- Feeling hungry after dinner even though you’ve had a full meal.
- A bloated tummy – the gut starts to ferment as the food hits it.
- Feeling sleepy after you eat – your body finds it hard to break down the food effectively.
- Itching in different part of your body.
- Recurrent Candida (thrush) or fungus infections
The body doesn’t naturally crave sugar believe it or not. Pure sugar is a toxin for the body as your body needs to divert nutrients from other parts of your body to help to neutralise and break down the sugar so it doesn’t hurt your systems.
Why Do I Crave Sugar Then?
Craving sugar and carbs is a sign that your body needs help and it needs it right now.
You may have either of the following :
1. You may have a yeast (candida) infection, which usually lives in your gut and triggers the cravings as the yeast need feeding. That will need a special treatment and your nutritionist should be able to help.
2. Your body is acidic and out of balance if you are eating lots of acidic foods such as meat, coffee, sugar, and processed food. Our bodies feel happy and content when they are in an alkaline state. Amrita detox is perfect for helping here, after the 7-14 days cleanse you shouldn’t have any cravings left if you follow the programme properly.
3. Sometimes cravings are the symptoms of a deeper illness, such as diabetes, PCOS etc. But there are usually other symptoms attached to that. Check with your doctor if you have other symptoms.
A few tips to end your Sugar Cravings for good:
1. Just Stop Eating Sugar. Full stop!
Sugar is an incredibly addictive substance, it is “8 times more addictive than cocaine” In order to say goodbye to your sugar cravings, you must stop eating sugar, as simple as that. The less you eat it, the less you crave it. Easier said than done, I know, but that’s the necessary first step. The good news is – once you do this, cravings diminish quickly and dramatically.
2. Try Amrita Cleanse
Every time our clients did Detox, it has helped them to nip sugar cravings in the bud. The Cleanse shakes have lots of protein, which helps to keep blood sugar steady. They have fiber which makes me feel full and satisfied. The one-two weeks detox gives you plenty of time to re-discover healthy foods, and get serious about avoiding some sugary foods that sneak into my diet. The best part is that on the Amrita Cleanse, sugar cravings disappear pretty much immediately.
3.Keep sugary snacks out of your house and office if possible
Its difficult to snack on things that aren’t there! Stop buying them!
4. Kill Yeast
Often you crave sugar because your gut is hosting yeast and those little critters love to feed on sugar. The way to “starve” the yeast is by not feeding them sugar. That will need a special treatment and your nutritionist should be able to help.
5. Rediscover Healthy Foods
Get excited about the healing power of whole foods! Get your energy from green juice and green smoothies. Go to the supermarket or farmer’s market and try a new fruit or vegetable you’ve never had before. Don’t go on a crazy diets — good health its a lifestyle, not a quick fix.
6.Have a piece of fruit instead
If you give in to your cravings, have a piece of fruit. It should satisfy a sweet craving and is much healthier.